Castiron Transaction Fees Explained
We make money through a transaction fee, paid by your customer at checkout. Castiron collects a 10% service fee on all orders. Additionally, sales tax and payment processing fees are applied to your customer’s total and paid at checkout.
- Order Subtotal - the total price of your products, set by you. You keep 100% of the Order Subtotal;
- Fulfillment Fees - Set by you for shipping, pickup, or delivery. You keep 100% of the Fulfillment Fees;
- Sales Tax - Set by you. You keep 100% of the Sales Tax collected, which you are responsible for paying to your state;
- Credit Card Processing Fees - 2.9% + $0.30 paid directly to Stripe;
- Castiron Fee - 10% of [Subtotal + Fulfillment + Sales Tax]
Example: If you sell $20 worth of product, apply a $10 delivery fee, and collect 7% sales tax, the transaction will consist of the following:
If you choose for your customer to pay the Castiron and Stripe fees, they would pay an additional $1.23 to Stripe and $3.21 to Castiron. You as the artisan make $32.10, with $2.10 being withheld for sales tax.
If you choose to split the Castiron and Stripe fees with your customer, you would pay $0.62 to Stripe and $1.60 to Castiron. You as the artisan make $29.88, with $2.10 being withheld for sales tax..
If you choose to pay the Castiron and Stripe fees yourself, you would pay $1.23 to Stripe and $3.21 to Castiron. You as the artisan make $27.66, with $2.10 being withheld for sales tax.